Apple

                 Hello Samantha!”
“Hey! Hi Julie”

‘So! Samantha, what are your plans for today? All good? All planned?’
“Yeah! It is my brother’s day, I mean it’s his birthday today…so we have planned for dinner. He will be 18 now. I still can’t believe my little boy is all grown up”

“Yeah! People grow Samantha; it’s a part of life”

“I was six when we moved to this town. And Ethan was just three years old. Mom was a strong woman and it’s just because of her that life is all good. I hope I get a job tomorrow so that mom will not have to work anymore and Ethan becomes a Pilot as this has been the only dream of my little boy from childhood, “saying this , Samantha burst into tears and  felt something wet on her fingers.


It was a dream.


Crowded life with crowded emotions is what makes Samantha’s life different from others. She lives in one of the megacities of the world where most part of life is spent under roofs of artificially built atmosphere. There is man beside her, there is woman behind her but she is all one. She kills those crowded emotions by relentlessly scribbling something ….from morning till evening as she is a content writer for a magazine. And when the clock strikes 6,she sits quietly on chair telling emotions to sleep before she reaches her home so that when she is all alone, they should not jump out of her head to play a game of past and makes her remember everything she wishes to forget.
But! She can suppress her conscious memories……what about those unconscious memories which wake her up in the middle of every night? what about those memories which tells her that she is all alone and before her brother’s dream became true…he was gone! Gone very far. And before mom said goodbye to job…life said goodbye to her!
But she fights the deadly disease with ease. She has a friend named Julie .She loves Julie for two purposes.
Firstly, when she is busy with her life, Julie reminds her of her Family and how she was also loved by someone .Secondly, she reminds helps her to fight the disease of loneliness as Julie talks to Samantha daily in her dream and listens quietly to all that she cannot tell to those crowded live human beings around her.

But who is Julie?




“Today might be the last day I am talking to you Samantha. And when you wake up today, talk to someone real.”
“I can’t and I won’t Julie”
“You will have to….. As I was already dead when you plucked me from that tree and when you took away    my life keeping me alive for few days just to listen to you and yours dead past? You stare at me continuously during office hours so that I could get deep seated in your memories and talk to you here…in your dreams? Is it?  Wake up!  I am just an APPLE”                                      

Comments

  1. Hi! This is my first time visiting your blog. Is this part of an MS? It's mysterious, a bit sad, and interesting. :(

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heya ;)
      no! it is just a short fiction .
      Basically! my entry for a psychological drama genre but it got rejected

      yeah...it is a bit sad :(


      I am glad that you liked it :)

      keep visiting
      love!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The wisdom teeth

Books

Non-living