GUEST POST!

This is a guest post by a dear friend
I am thankful to her for opting my blog for the guest post

sage Harman is a frugal living enthusiast, wife and mother. She runs http://www.no-contract-plans.com, a site dedicated to providing free information to consumers trying to find viable no-contract phone and internet plans.

Smartphones have been around a while but it's only recently that I gave in to my whim and finally purchased one. I guess you could call me a procrastinator, although I'd like to think of myself more as a late bloomer. For some phone junkies out there, smartphones may have gotten boring and dull, but I think they're the most fascinating tech around. My smartphone has become a particular source of wonder to me as of late. If like me, you're not very technical and getting acquainted with your new phone is taking a little longer than normal, then check out these amazing things you may not know your phone can do.

Tracker
Locate your loved ones, even your lost or stolen phone via your smartphone's GPS tracking apps.

Health Monitor
Monitor your health and fitness by using apps that track your daily workouts, weight and diet. You can also connect accessories to your smartphone to measure your blood pressure and blood glucose levels. 

GPS Unit
Need a GPS device for your daily runs and bike rides? Download GPS apps or maps that you can even use offline on your smartphone.

Remote Control
Why bother with half a dozen remote controls when your smartphone can control various home appliances? Yes, there are apps that can turn your smartphone into a universal remote control.

Scanner
With various apps, you can turn your phone into a barcode or QR code scanner.

Digital Cookbook
Download recipes and cooking apps to your phone and make it your portable, virtual cookbook.

Digital Wallets
Save your payment and banking information on your smartphone and enjoy credit card-free and cash-free transactions anytime.

eReader
Instead of splurging on eBook readers and tablets, save money by using your smartphone as your digital reader. There are lots of apps that you can install to make your smartphone a decent reading device.

Television
You can watch your favorite shows via live TV streaming on your phone.

Mobile Hotspot
You can share your data access with other devices and turn your smartphone into a wireless router.

Webcam
You can video chat the day away by using your smartphone.

Measuring Tool
Your smartphone can serve as a measuring tool that can measure height, width, distance, and area.

If I find out any other practical uses for my smartphone, I'll be sure to let you in on the (not so secret) secret. In the meantime, if you have other tips, please do share! For anyone in the market for a new smartphone, you can compare plans and get free information at http://www.no-contract-plans.com.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wisdom teeth

Books

Non-living