I am Maya

Blowing dust would settle down if I knew I had water to sprinkle around.But this hope of finding water increased my thirst day by day.May be,I was blind or this dust made me blind.But one day,yes one day some drops from sky touched my skin .......yes it was rain! It was rain that made the dust settle down and provided warmth to my body too!

Hello! I am Maya.My life started from a bus stop.
Thousands of buses passed daily and my dreams became passenger .My dreams baded me goodbye everyday and I just waved my hand wishing that some day this bus took U- turn and stopped at a place where my dreams could sit quietly and asked to itself,"don't you want to fly high?don't you wish to  become a reality?".
Nothing seemed right.I was forced to beg on that bus stand.My dream,my voice was sold everyday on that bus stand...my only talent  became a curse for me.I cried! I yelled! But no one listened.
   " SELLING YOUR MOST PRECIOUS THING TO THOSE WHO HARDLY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS COSTS NOTHING BUT A PUMP OF BLOOD FROM YOUR HEART IS LIKE SELLING YOUR LIFE IN INSTALLMENTS"

But I had to sell it ,as it was meant for a piece of bread for my family.They slept because I sang on that bus stop.I got money to buy food for maa,paa and Srija(my little sis).

Singing for food was not an issue but I hated the way I was molested.Daily ,I faced a sorrow for my ego and for my self-respect because daily they touched me in the way I never wanted them too.But what I could do? Nothing!
-------------------------------------------------

Then one day .

Something happened!

When we scream,we lose the way we used to be and acquire a new self ....a new self where we want others to listen us and TRUST me when this scream is filled with pain and still no one listens,it becomes a shame for humanity because it's like you cried for a helping hand of human but humans disappear..they become invisible.You make a contact with eyes but they ditch you because your eyes gives them a light of sorrow and who in this world wants to marry sorrow?

That day! They took me and sold me ..yes they sold me in Mumbai.I shouted but voice sounded like a whisper to people around.I was taken to an unknown place .Earlier,it was just faces..but now it was unknown place.My fear became a new friend.It haunted me daily!!

-------------------------------------------------

But as I told you...it rained and dust was soon to settle down.

Sarah! The other sex- worker helped me because she wanted me to sing for humanity.I was saved..

I sing now..my voice reaches to millions.I am a nightingale

But humanity ! Where it is? Where are those thousand voices which when sung together can create a song of the century?

I AM MAYA! I WAS SAVED BUT WHAT ABOUT OTHER MAYAS LIKE ME.WILL THEY BE SAVED?

P.S- this story is a contribution of my brother.

Below is a googled image.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The wisdom teeth

Books

Non-living